Postgraduate Student Loan for Welsh and European Union Students
The Welsh Government has proposed a Postgraduate Loan
for new eligible Welsh domiciled students in 2017/18.
Please see below for details of what is currently known about the main criteria of the scheme, however until the regulations are confirmed policy details are subject to change.
- The Postgraduate Loan is intended to be non means-tested and a contribution towards the cost of study
- UK nationals resident in Wales, EU, EEA and Swiss students resident in Wales may be eligible
- You can apply for a loan of up to £10,280
- The Loan will be paid directly to the student to be used towards course and/or living costs
- Both taught and research master's courses are eligible, including MA, MSc, MBA and MRes (excluding PG Cert & Diploma)
- Full-time, part-time & distance learning master's programmes may be eligible (eligible courses must be either 1 or 2 years full-time or 2 or 4 years part-time).
Part-time must be a minimum of 50% intensity at the start of the course, compared to the duration of the equivalent full-time course per academic year).
Further details will be available when information has been confirmed.